Baydoctor.com.au Review:Brisbane Doctor | Specialist GP - Skin Check, Mens Health, Paediatrics, Internal Medicine & Musculoskeletal - Specialist Brisbane GP (Manly West) - Mayfair Medical Centre - Skin Check, Dermatology, General Medicine, Mens Health, Musculoskeletal, Paediatrics.
Country: Oceania, AU, Australia
- Ray H - ASUS Transformer Prime with KeyboardThis is positively a great product. I bought the ASUS Transformer Prime, Keyboard (sold separately,)and a leather portfolio case (Bluecell). All are excellant.
I originally bought the ASUS for a friend who is vision impaired so that she could read the newspaper more easily (needs large print). The ASUS is serving that purpose well although it did take an e-mail to the local newspaperpaper requesting support for an Android Tablet. If you use lancasteronline.com, do not download their Application - it is for Android cell phones and isn't at all helpful for the Android Tablet. Just use their main website which now works well on Android Tablet. Their support is very good; I received an almost instant response. They have provided any necessary adjustments to their website that was necessary to accomodate the Android Tablet (Thanks lancasteronline.com).
Additionally, I have found the Transformer Prime WiFi to have limited range and needed to install a CISCO RE1000 which easily eliminated that problem. I also found the GPS receiver to be less signal sensitive than I expected and requested a bongle (supplied free for the asking from ASUS) which arrived about a week after I registered the Transformer.
One additional issue - I thought I understood all I needed to watch streaming baseball games on MLB.COM was Adobe Flash and an MLB.COM subscription; but that isn't correct. The Android version of Adobe Flash is not the same as Adobe Flash for the PC. I'm more than a bit disappointed about that, but that is not a problem with the ASUS Tablet.
Having these "side" issues I have no problem assigning a 5 Star rating to the product. From the time you remove the product out of the shipping packaging everything says "quality", and the product was well packed for shipment too - Thanks AMAZON supplier.
- Lilfurbal - Windows 8 review take twoI originally reviewed Windows 8 after only used it on legacy devices and a desktop, but now that I got myself a Windows 8 convertible laptop with touch screen I have to give credit where credit is due.
Using Windows 8 on a tablet is a real treat. After a week of use it has become my favorite tablet UI, over Android or iOS. It's interactive, smooth, clean and fun to use. From the metro tablet interface, on a tablet, you can easily swap between open apps, you can easily split screen any two apps next to each other, easily search for anything in any app using a universal search engine, easily add things like printers and print stuff to it, and also easily close out of apps. Every app closes the same way (swipe from the top of the screen down). On Android devices I often have to navigate each app to find the exit option, ignore the fact that it's open, or force it closed through the system settings. No confusion in Windows 8, it's very easy.
Also the ability for Windows 8 on tablets to turn into the full blown Windows OS experience on the fly is wonderful. Metro is wonderful for use as a tablet. If you have your a convertible device that turns into a laptop you get to easily enjoy all your legacy apps and interact with your regular desktop. It's a true hybrid. Offers a fantastic laptop, and an ultra powered tablet. Windows 8's design makes it work.
Using Windows 8 on a desktop is also a wonderful experience, but it does take a little getting use to the lack of a start button. Metro isn't that useful on classic desktops, but once you boot up and login and click the desktop tile you no longer have to see the metro interface again until you reboot. The regular desktop is everything you could ever want it to be, with an improved task bar that'll span across multiple monitors even.
Internet Explorer 10 featured in Windows 8 has also been a treat. I was a Firefox / Chrome user for quite some time, but decided to see how far I can go before installing a third party browser. IE10 has very interested me. IE10 in the metro interface is fantastic when used a tablet, it's fun, quick, and stable. IE10 desktop works great also, with color coded tabs, and settings that sync between the desktop and metro versions. The third party browser makers haven't come up with any valid metro versions of their browsers yet. Chrome just tosses the desktop version inside a Metro interface. I find that lazy.
In the end, Windows 8 and IE10 have made me a very happy geek. And these laptop-convertible hybrids are the first piece of new technology that has really made me excited for a matter of years. I always wanted a tablet, but I don't want a tablet and a laptop. It'd be a device to replace my laptop. Unfortunately with the traditional tablets I would have to make lots of sacrifices for it to replace my laptop. Now I can get both in one device. A fantastic laptop for work, and a wonderfully functional tablet for play.
- China - Thank God for this product!I am in my 20s and I have suffered from recurring bv for 3 years. My ph balance just runs wild all the time. I tried peroxide douches, acv, femdophilus, folic acid, zinc, garlic pills, yogurt tampons and even the worst thing, antibiotics. Nothing ever really worked. I was so frustrated. So after years of scouring the internet I saw this product on YouTube. I came and read the reviews on here and although most were good, the bad ones still made me wonder if I'd continue to be one of the 'unlucky' ones. I ordered it though and I've been using it for three days and it is awesome! I don't quite understand how it does what it does but I don't care! Lol I use it once in my morning shower and I'm fine all day. I definitely say give it a shot ladies. It looks a little flimsy but it does exactly what it says!
- ByTheSea - Trusted Security!Ok, everyone has an opinion, and everyone thinks their opinion is the right one but in reality it is up to you, the user, to find which product works best on your PC for you. I love Trend Micro because they are extensive like Norton but they don't conflict with Microsoft or run a lot of extra nonsense in the background bogging down my speed. I use this one on my laptop and desktop at home and have never had a problem. It stays up to date without me monitoring anything and stops viruses and malware in its tracks. It only slows my system down by a hair, but that extra security in this day in age is priceless! It has lots of extra goodies to clean, repair, protect, etc. If you need something more than just an antivirus, this is a great one to consider.
- Randy Wagoner - I love this panI have had the fry pan for a couple months now and I have had no problems. I seasoned the pan like the directions said and will re-season it twice a year like they suggest to keep the pan preforming at it's best. After I seasoned it and let it cool I did fry an egg on it with no oil. The egg did stick at first but as soon as it was cooked the egg was no longer stuck. I have cooked a lot on this pan and it has preformed pretty close to the commercial. I have used oil on it to do things like saute onions (you jut need some oil to do things like saute onions no matter how well made the pan is) but I use less than half of the oil that I needed in my other "non stick" pans. I also like the fact that the pan cleans up very very easily. I actually like it so much that I am planning on buying the whole set. I would recommend these to anyone and have not found any cons.